Join our team
The Project Manager is responsible for the overseeing assigned Alder Concrete Project activities. As the primary manager of assigned projects, this position includes a significant responsibility ensuring the complete construction of awarded projects in a timely, cost-effective and safe manner. Aspects of the job include corresponding with General Contractors, Owners and Engineers.
- Must have the ability to Manage 2-3 Projects simultaneously.
- Fulfill Contract requirements by providing key documentation, i.e. signed contract, form 1000, Certificate of Insurance, WSIB, and Healthy Safety documentation, including safety certifications of staff.
- Determine the Construction Schedule and Critical path using Microsoft Project Professional in co-operation with Site Supervisor. Gain agreement from the General Contractor, with clearly defined benchmarks.
- Prepare and submit a Schedule of Values, so the client is clear on how the Project will be invoiced.
- Set-up and maintain project files once project is awarded.
- Provide Site Supervisor with required vendor pricing and Estimator breakdowns to assist him/her on site.
- Negotiate pricing with Suppliers, prepare Project Purchase orders/contracts.
- Provide Accounting with New Project Information and “Profit/Loss” breakdown.
- Manage and expedite site Drawings, ensuring site and our subtrades have the most current drawings.
- Co-Chair Project Start-up Meeting. Clearly define roles within the Project, outlining the key responsibilities of the Site Supervisor, Site Coordinator and Field Technician. Delegate tasks to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Monitor construction progress and provide schedule updates.
- Attend project meeting as requested.
- Plan and execute corrective actions when necessary, PM plays a crucial role in resolving challenges.
- Oversee shop drawing submittal/approval process. Support Project Coordinator implementation of site documentation (RFI’s, SI’s) ensuring they are generated and returned on time.
- Manage the administration process of required Contract revisions.
- Identify work outside of our scope and track work orders diligently
- Obtain Change Order pricing from Subcontractors/suppliers. Submit Change Orders to client for approval, invoice accordingly.
- Submit Monthly Progress Billing to client for approval and payment.
- Follow-up with client for payment.
- Review job costing reports and identify challenges and opportunities.
- Ensure deficiencies are corrected and floor sign off sheets are completed in a timely manner.
- Manage Closeout of Project. Obtain final building sign offs. Ensure the completion and resolution of all outstanding work. Submit final Project Documentation.
- Analysis of Project success. Evaluate performance against Schedule and defined project goals
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with client and all levels of the team
- Works well in a team environment – Understands the importance of and encourages “The power of the Unit”
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written
- Demonstrate leadership qualities; Positive during adversity, Passionate, Leads by example
- Strong organizational skills and data management
- Conflict resolution
- Strong motivational skills
- Must be able to assess facts and make decisive decisions quickly
- Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills
- Must be punctual and have consistent attendance
- Self starter who is organized, works efficiently with minimal supervision
- Has a desire to learn and is willing to acquire additional training to become the best for themselves and the company
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Construction Engineering (CET diploma) or Civil/Structural Engineering would be an asset
- 3-5 years Project Management experience
- Proven experience handling projects valued from $250,000.00 to $5 million or higher
- Proficient in various Microsoft computer applications, MS Project, Excel, Word, Outlook
- Willingness to travel within Southern Ontario if required; must have a current, valid driver’s license
- Current, comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
- Complies with OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety Act) & and its regulations, company policies, procedures, and standards
- Ability to read architectural, structural and shop fabrication drawings
- Ability to coordinate drawings, find errors, omissions and discrepancies
- Ability to complete project estimates and project budgets if requested
- Apply a solid understanding of general construction methods and materials, specifically structural elements
- Strong understanding of inspection and testing practices for soils, rebar and concrete
- Strong Understanding of construction documentation i.e. RFI’s, SI’s, Supervisor Logs
- Knowledge of union agreements and manpower expectation
- Knowledge of Procore Construction Management Software would be an asset
Please send your resume including 2-3 work references and relevant safety certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
ALDER CONCRETE GROUP BENEFITS:
- Year-round work, with Consistent Hours
- Responsible company growth, which ensures sustained employment.
- Fair wages based on previous Experience, Training & Education.
- Opportunity for advancement based on proven skill, training and ability.
- Become a part of the CLAC Union (Construction Labourer’s Association of Canada)
- CLAC provides a pension plan, Bereavement Benefit and Comprehensive health and Life Insurance plans
- Together with CLAC we provide free Training to ensure you have the Safety training required for your position.
- Annual Tool and Personal Protective allowance of three hundred dollars, $300.00 (after the completion of 1-year)
- Work hard, play hard: Employee of the month, Job of the Year, The Masters Cup (golf), Alder Christmas Party, Alder Spirit Store, annual Alder Awards based on our Core Values